Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ths snow melts

As the snow drips and melts outside (can you believe it snowed again last night!?!) I am contemplating about my future. For my life, too, is dripping and melting. That may sound terminal but I look at as a new beginning, another season in my life. There were many chapters to the book Siddartha, everyone with a lesson to learn, an experience to gain.

Memories are snow
They melt, drip, flow
And disappear for a time
Soaked deep into the mud
The muck of what was
But the earth births
Blossoms of tomorrow

I contemplated erasing my last post. For everything about it has changed. But I changed my mind instead. I can't go back and make it so it never happened, and I'm not sure if I would if Icould. Never turn your team back to the last checkpoint, usually then, your race is over.

So I forge on. I really should be packing and organizing. Perhaps this blog should be titled procrastination. Ren and I are parting ways. I should have listened to my friend Ed years ago, it just won't work if your partner isn't a dog musher too. No one else can truly understand this fine madness.

Now my dogs and I are simplifying our life. I have to pack, sell or give away everything I own. For a little bit of time we will living a semi-nomadic life. Which I find fascinating. Our first stop is our new job. I can't wait. We leave on the 10th or 11th of May. We will be spending the summer in Juneau, doing dog sled tours for a company, AIE. I am so excited to finally be working (for money) with my dogs. The pay is excellent and we should be pretty set up to begin the season next fall, who knows where we will be then, that I am still working out. I have a few options but I am giving it some time. Life has funny ways of throwing a new path infront of you. I do know that wherever we are, everything will be focused around the dogs and racing next season. I want to be mobile, to be able to follow the snow. So I have purchased 10 Rubbermaid totes and I want to fit all of my possessions into those 10 totes to be stored at a friends house. That of course doesn't include my bike, my sleds, chainsaw, things like that. Lets just say I am proabably having one great yard sale next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Whether your are a mushing expert that has some input for us or a fan that just wants to gives us kudos, your comments mean a lot to us!