Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I am living Kafka's "the Castle" again

And now in ring three is the Astronomically Awesome Abbie!!!! She will gracefully jump through every bureaucratic hoop with grace and splendor!!!!!

Too much paperwork!!!! The Canadian government needs one year's salary, a 5000 word essay about my life, a pint of blood, my first born, and a kidney just so I can get through the border!! I'm not even staying there!!! Don't put the coffee on, just passing through. Well at least until I find that hot Canadian Musher I can marry and get my citizenship. Ha! I heard that wouldn't even be enough to become Canadian.
Its a point system, points are as follows if you are American:
  • 1 point if marry a Canadian
  • 1 point for every child you bear on Canadian Soil that ends up playing Professional Hockey
  • 1 point for every $10,000 dollars you make weekly.
  • 1 point for each doctorate you have obtained
  • 1 point if you speak French

You need a total of 100 points to earn your citizenship. But you get minus 50 points if you have ever even looked at a handgun.

I don't mean to bash the Canadian Government, I would still move there in a heartbeat. But what do they have against American musher girls anyways?

It will all be worth it though when I am working with my dogs and getting paid for it in beautiful Juneau! Can't wait to leave Fairbanks. This town is way to big for this girl! I am getting so excited. I am halfway done packing. I almost have all of my paper work done. My truck is fixed and even has an exhaust stack on it so it doesn't suffocate the dogs. THANKS TO LONNIE BEACHY!! The nicest guy, who did all the work on my truck and won't even let me pay him. I had to threaten him to even let me buy him dinner and a beer the other night at work!

I cannot wait to quit my stupid job at Los Amigos. I have had enough of the owner. "I ain't gonna work on Randy's farm no more!" Saturday is my last day.

Friday is my last day a the Quest. I am trying to get everything set up to make it easy for the new help.

So many logistics, but totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Whether your are a mushing expert that has some input for us or a fan that just wants to gives us kudos, your comments mean a lot to us!