Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Robutussin for dogs

We are getting ready for our next race, which is the Two Rivers 200. The team looks great , solid and tough. These new pups really stand out amongst other dogs. Just when I think we're all good to roll, there is a hacking cough coming from the yard.

Jupiter sounds like he really needs to cut back on the cigarettes. BossMon and Big Dude have it mildly. So we have been resting them as much as we can letting them hang out indoors and been boiling spruce boughs on the wood stove so that my little cabin is filled with Christmas scented steam. It seems to be giving them some relief, but it not a cure.

I did some research and found some interesting home remedies. The one with the most claims of success is

3 drops of hydrogen peroxide
2 Tablespoons of honey
Vitamin C

Add to water and make sure they drink it all quickly.
So I will be trying this tonight and I will report on the results.